And the winners are...
Brownie Kinsley G.
Daisy Layla K.
Junior Ella S.
Junior Kayla N.
Senior Troop 86: Amanda W., Nicolette D., Olivia D., Mia J., and Kristin T.
We had over 80
submissions, making it incredibly difficult to choose a
winner. We thank each and every one of you for submitting your
beautiful designs for our contest. Every Girl Scout who
participated will be mailed a special Creative fun patch. Our team will be
working very hard to bring these drawings to life at our
We are reviewing our 2022 Girl Scout Design a Light Show Display Contest entries and will announce the winners soon.
Don’t Miss the 2022 Girl Scout Design a Light Show Display Contest!
You and your troop can help design NEW light displays for the Girl Scout Holiday Way attraction at our Holiday Light Show! This is a great opportunity for troops or individual Girl Scouts. PLUS all participants receive a special contest FUN patch! 5 designs will be chosen!
- You must be a registered Girl Scout for the 2023 Girl Scout Year; Not renewed yet? Click here
- Your theme and design proposals should be consistent with the Girl Scout mission and ideals; entries using copyrighted characters or designs will not be considered;
- Our displays are built using rope lighting or bulbs on wooden frames. Your ideas should be both grand in scale and streamlined in design—the simpler the better!
- If you choose to use a word in your display, it must be 5 characters or less;
- All entries must be submitted no later than
Monday, August 15, 2022, by 5:00 PM.
What You'll Win:
- Tickets to see GSSC’s Smith Point Light Show
- Large sign at the display identifying the designer(s)
- Photo op at your display
- Bragging rights as the designer(s) of a site
at Long Island’s brightest light show!