< Back to Event Information
(Last Updated: 11/20/2023)
Please read our full event/refund policy for more information here.
- Where are you located? How do I get there?
- The GSSC Holiday Light Show is located at Southaven County Park in Yaphank, NY (Long Island). The address is 761 Victory Ave, Yaphank, NY 11980 (Directions) . You'll drive into the park, straight into the parking lot. Once there, you’ll see our entrance to our walk-through.
- Where is the Smith Point Drive-Thru? Why are you not having a drive-thru?
- We loved having the GSSC Holiday Light Show at Smith Point County Park for the past 6 years. It was amazing to have the drive-thru there on the beach, but as the years have gone on, the weather has not been kind to our show. The sea salt wind and climate have been brutal on our beautiful light show displays, many of which our team builds from the ground up. Also, we miss the experience the show had at our Girl Scout Camp Edey in Bayport. While moving back to our campgrounds is not feasible, we wanted to bring the event back to the woods and have it available to walk through. Many of our visitors wished they could get out of their cars and take photos at our displays at Smith Point so now we are offering that experience at Southaven County Park.
- The entire trail is in the park with the woods as a background to highlight the displays even better.
- The woods cut down on the wind and we will have some tents to maximize the space and fend off the rain.
- The trail is 4x bigger than last year’s at our Enchanted Forest on compacted dirt and wood chips.
- You’ll be able to see the lights and displays up close and take photos at our special selfie areas, like our giant Christmas tree.
- The parking lot can accommodate a number of vehicles and you can spend more time amongst the lights and around our fire pits in the chill zone to make the experience even more cozy and family-friendly.
- When are you open? Are you open for Christmas Eve/Day?
- We are open on Thursdays to Sundays starting on November 25 and we close on December 30. We are open during the Holiday Break from December 26-30. We are closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so our team members can spend time with their families.
- How long does it take to walk through the show? How long is the trail?
- The GSSC Holiday Light Show is a self-guided tour of our beautiful displays on almost a ¼ mile trail. It could take visitors 20 minutes to 1 hour on the trail, plus time spent in our chill zone and taking a photo with Santa.
- Can I stay in the show/chill zone past my timeslot?
- You are welcome to stay and enjoy the show and chill zone after your 30-minute timeslot, but we do recommend only staying for up to an hour and a half as the parking lot does fill up and we want all our visitors to be able to see the show at their selected time slot. We reserve the right to ask visitors who have stayed beyond their time slot to leave if space is needed.
- What happens if it rains?
- Is handicapped parking available?
- Yes, we will have available spots in the first row for handicapped parking. Handicap parking spots are available on a first-come first-served basis. Handicap parking accommodations will ONLY be provided IF there is availability AND if you have a handicap FRONT license plate OR a handicap placard attached to your rear-view mirror PRIOR to entering the property. We will not be able to accommodate handicapped parking requests without one of these credentials. If you need handicapped parking, you must alert the guard upon entry so they can direct you to the proper parking row. The parking lot is only partially paved with compacted dirt as terrain.
- Are there restrooms?
- Yes, we will have porta-potties with hand-washing stations on site for our visitors to use.
- Can I take pictures?
- Yes, we encourage you to take photos when you visit. We will have special photo areas in the walk-through area for selfies and you can take a photo with Santa that will be texted to you electronically to share. However, for the safety of our guests, tripods, monopods, and selfie sticks are prohibited.
- Can my 2-year-old come for free?
- Yes, children 2 years olds and under can attend for FREE. Anyone 3 years old and older will need a ticket.
- Can I bring my pet?
- We love animals but for their safety and the safety of all our visitors, we do not permit them at our event. Only guide dogs for the blind and service animals who have been specifically trained to perform a task for those with disabilities will be permitted in accordance with the ADA requirements. Service dogs in training, emotional support animals, comfort animals, and/or therapy animals are not permitted.
- Can I come early? What if I’m running late?
- You may only arrive in the parking lot 15 minutes before your time slot. You will still have to wait until your time slot to enter the show. Due to parking limitations, visitors entering more than 15 minutes before their timeslot may be directed to leave until their appropriate entry time. Entrance to the trail begins at your selected time slot. It's ok if you arrive later than your time slot. You will gain entry upon arrival. Parking lot closes to entering vehicles 10 minutes after last time slot of the evening.
- Will you be selling Merch at the show?
- Our Girl Scout Shop will be at the Chill Zone with our special event patch, winter gear, and other merchandise for purchase.
- Are wheelchairs allowed? Are strollers allowed?
- Wheelchairs and strollers are permitted, though we do not supply them on-site. If you need a wheelchair, please bring your own, as we cannot provide one for use once you arrive. At over 1/4 mile, our new trail is longer than our previous trail. Visitors will need to walk almost half a mile, give or take, from the parking lot, through the trail, around the chill zone, and back out to the parking lot. The trail is on compacted dirt and wood chips. The parking lot is only partially paved. This terrain may not be suitable for guests who have difficulty walking half a mile, so please use discretion prior to purchasing tickets and deciding if this event is right for you.
- Is this an indoor or outdoor event?
- This event is an outdoor event with some tent areas. Please dress for the weather.
- Will food and beverages be available?
- First Class Food Trucks' Trolley will be at our Enchanted Forest Chill Zone on certain nights with hot chocolate, zeppoles, hot dogs, and other food/drinks for purchase. 15% of the proceeds will be donated to Girl Scouts of Suffolk County. (Available Dec. 8-9, Dec. 15-17, and Dec. 22-23. Food/drinks while supplies last. First come, first served. See the information on event page.) The Girl Scout Shoppe will also have snacks and water available for purchase.
- How many light displays are there?
- There are over 80 displays spread across a little over ¼ mile trail. 20 of them were designed by our very own Girl Scouts from Suffolk County who won our special contest.
- Where can I smoke?
- Smoking, including the use of e-cigarettes, is prohibited anywhere on the grounds or parking lots at our event.
- What is the GSSC Holiday Light Show at Enchanted Forest? When did the show start?
- From quiet beginnings in the parking lot of our beloved Camp Edey to becoming one of Long Island’s largest holiday attractions, the Girl Scouts of Suffolk County's Holiday Light Show has spread the joy and wonder of the season for 20 years. Our family-friendly experience supports our mission to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. This year we move all the magic to Southaven County Park in Yaphank and present you with our expanded Holiday Light Show at the Enchanted Forest.
This walk-through experience allows you to be a part of the magic, strolling past your favorite displays across over a quarter-mile of trail and visiting our expanded Chill Zone, where you can warm up at our fire pits and play outdoor games. Plus, stop by the Winter Village for shopping and snacks before grabbing a selfie with Santa.
Our Girl Scout Way is back with 20 displays conceptualized by Girl Scouts among the 80 dazzling displays that will make this our biggest and brightest show yet. Nestled in the campgrounds of Southaven County Park, with the forest as our backdrop, you’ll be able to capture photos like never before and create memories that last a lifetime.
When you support the Girl Scouts of Suffolk County Holiday Light Show, you join the generous individuals investing in the next generation of world changers. Your donation gives girls from all economic backgrounds a space to lead and thrive as they gain access to life-changing experiences, leadership programs, and financial scholarships that expand their horizons.
- Are you and Riverhead Light Show the same?
- No, we are not affiliated with the Riverhead Holiday Light Show or the Magic of Lights at Jones Beach. Our Holiday Light Show has been running since 2004 and started at our Girl Scout Camp Edey in Bayport. Our show has always been to support Girl Scouts of Suffolk County and the fundsraised go back into our programming and financial scholarships to support girls from all backgrounds across Suffolk County.
Back to the top
- How much are Tickets?
- We offer a Girl Scout ticket for our members and their family at $12.50 per person and Regular tickets for all visitors at $15 per person. Special Early Bird offer is available from October 1 to November 1. Buy tickets online here.
- Can I buy tickets at the door?
- No, all tickets are sold in advance on our website. No gate price is available.
- Are tickets valid for any date?
- We only sell specific date and timed tickets to ensure we don’t oversell the event.
- Can I pick a different date and time?
- Do you have group rates?
- Yes, please contact Nyrekia at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about group rates.
- How are my tickets delivered?
- Tickets will be delivered via the email you used to buy them. Please check your inbox and spam folder for your email confirmation.
- Do I need to print my ticket or can I bring them on my smartphone?
- You do not need to print out your ticket. You can show us the QR code on your smartphone at the gate to be scanned in.
- How do I obtain a refund?
- I never got my email confirmation with my tickets after I ordered? How do I get my tickets?
- Please check your spam folder for your email confirmation. If not, you can visit our ticketing website here and click “Help Links” > “Resend Confirmation” to look up and email your tickets to yourself again. If you are still having issues, please contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
- My tickets won’t print! What do I do?
- Don’t worry! You can show us your ticket on your smartphone or if there are any issues, our team at the gate will be able to look up your tickets.
- If I get tickets for the last time slot, will I be able to see everything before you close?
- Yes, you will be able to walk through the trail see everything we have to offer, and get a photo with Santa before we close.
- I can’t buy tickets for a certain date and time.
- Our tickets are limited to a date and timeslot. If the tickets are sold out for a specific date and time, we will not be selling more.
- Do I need to buy my tickets ahead of time?
- Yes, all tickets must be bought online. We will not be accepting payment at the gate this year.
- Can we go in with our friends who have tickets for the same night but have a different timeslot?
- If your friends have tickets for the same night as you but have a different timeslot, you all can go in together BUT you MUST go in at the later timeslot. You could always enter later than your timeslot, just not earlier.
- I missed my date, can I use my tickets for another day?
- Yes, IF YOU REQUEST A TICKET EXCHANGE HERE. Requests for exchanges must be submitted 36 hours before your original ticket date/time or after the cancellation notice for the show date. We will process your request within 24 hours and you will be emailed an updated confirmation email (Please check your inbox/spam folder).
- Again, tickets are non-refundable. All sales are final.
- Do you offer military or first responder discounts? How do I get discounted tickets?
Please read our full event/refund policy for more information here.
Back to the top