Girl Scouts of Suffolk County is the largest youth-serving agency on
Long Island, serving more than 15,000 girls, building girls of
courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place.
Our youth-serving agency operates two beautiful camps in Bayport and
Yaphank New York, as well as offering over 100 programs, enriching the
girls in our community. Join our team, earn a competitive salary while
empowering today’s youth.
If you don't see a job opportunity listed in your field, please
Summer Camp Team
Join our team, earn a competitive salary while empowering today’s
youth, and make new friends while working in a fun, safe, outdoor
for college students, graduates, teachers and parents are available.
Volunteers are welcome! Volunteer a minimum of two weeks and your
child(ren) may enroll in our camp program at a reduced rate.
Summer Camp Information:
Dates: June 28 - August 27, 2021; 9 one-week sessions, except
for Week 2, which is a 4-day week due to the Independence Day
Girl Scouts of Suffolk County is an equal opportunity employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex,
creed, socio-economic status, disability or age.
Questions? Contact Cathrine at firstname.lastname@example.org or (631) 543-6622 ext. 216
EOE. AA. No third parties.
Working Hours: Monday-Friday from 7:45am - 4:30pm / 9:15am - 6:00pm
- Must be 18 years or older
- Current American Red Cross
CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification, not exceeding one
year in duration
- Current certificate in Lifeguarding not
exceeding 3 years in duration
Pay: $20 per hour
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains accurate records of camper swimming ability and
- Implements and oversees bather accountability
system to include use of the Buddy Board and conducting Buddy System
checks every 15 minutes to begin immediately after camper pool
- Must continuously scan the pool and may never take
their eyes off the pool during an active waterfront session
- Responsible for care and use of boats, canoes, lifesaving and
waterfront equipment; responsible for set up and pack up of
waterfront equipment for the season
- Ensures camper swim
ability is categorized appropriately
- Conducts staff and
camper training of waterfront safety rules and procedures
- Reports all accidents or injuries to the Health Supervisor and
- Apprises the Camp Director and Property
Manager of any pool issues that may warrant closing or
- Ensures that the camp meets aquatic safety criteria
as set forth by ACA standards, New York State Health codes and
Safety Activity checkpoints, including maintain appropriate camper
to lifeguard/staff ratios
- Ensures that the pool area,
signs, safety equipment, log book, attendance sheets and shed are in
order and in presentable condition; under the direction of the
Aquatics Director, vacuums pool and brushes walls daily
- Participates in alternate activities and responsibilities when
the waterfront is closed
- Physical ability to respond
appropriately in emergency situations and possess the strength and
endurance required to maintain constant camper supervision.
- Registers as an adult member of Girl Scouts of Suffolk
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
The health supervisor will be responsible for managing the Health
Center records for the camp’s facilities, while supporting campers and
staff with illnesses and injuries.
We are looking for enthusiastic, responsible and reliable
professionals who love working with children and want to experience
the summer camp life.
Working Hours: Monday-Friday from 7:45am - 4:30pm /
9:15am - 6:00pm
- Must be 21 years or older
- Nurse practitioner,
Registered nurse, Licensed practical nurse, Emergency medical
- Current American Red Cross Responding to
- Current American Red Cross CPR for
the Professional Rescuer Cert, not exceeding one year in
- Possess strong organizational, communication and
decision makings- skills, while exercising good judgment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- A strong desire to work with
children and young adults.
Pay: $20 per hour