The Assistant Property Manager assists with the overall
maintenance of all the organization’s camps and properties.
Functions and Accountabilities:
- Assists with the management of property staff as directed and assists with the direction/training for all camp/organization projects/repairs.
- Aids with all camp, program, and event set-ups and breakdowns.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with all organizations’ contracted vendors/companies. I.e., HVAC, plumber, pest control, painter, garbage, etc.
- Maintain certifications as Certified Pool Operator. Assures all mandatory pool maintenance guidelines are met.
- Ensures compliance with current insurance, local, county, state, and federal government codes, laws and requirements, and American Camp Association Standards.
- Develop/implement preventative maintenance and replacement plans/schedules for buildings, grounds, and equipment; ensures that preventative maintenance tasks are completed and documented in a timely manner.
- Executes long-term maintenance plans for all organization’s properties, determining the cycle of preventative maintenance and projecting replacement of facility components and equipment.
- Assists with providing quotes for outside services on projects that cannot be completed by the property staff; authorize the purchasing of supplies.
- Ability to negotiate best prices for outside services; Effectively coordinates with outside services as well as maintains a relationship with outside services.
- Maintains and provides annual site inspection reports, regulatory agency inspection reports as needed.
- Assists with the maintenance of all 5 of Council's locations. Must be willing to travel to those locations as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in, construction, plumbing, landscaping, etc.
- Strong knowledge in construction, basic plumbing, basic electrical, and power tools.
- Plumbing and electrician certification preferred.
- Computer skills; proficient in Office 365, One Drive, Microsoft, Excel, etc.
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule, such as some evenings, weekends
- Capable of handling sensitive information confidentially
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organization/multitasking skills; manage deadlines.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation; ability to travel within Suffolk County
- Monday-Friday, 8 am - 4 pm, 37.5 hours a week. Must be flexible.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Competitive benefits package
- Some mileage reimbursement