*ONLY CANDIDATES WITH COVER LETTERS & SALARY REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED*
The Director of Finance works under the general direction of the
President/CEO. The Director of Finance oversees all aspects of the
organization’s financials. In addition, this office provides counsel
on yearly budgets and oversees all aspects of payroll.
- Minimum of 8 years in a senior financial position
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field required.
- CPA Licensure Required
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Office 365, One Drive, Microsoft, Excel, accounting software, etc.; plus Abila MIP, Experience in Sage.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead a team to meet Girl Scout's mission and initiatives.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with Board Members, insurance companies, and all financial and payroll companies to manage all organizational revenue successfully.
- Advises the CEO and the Board of Directors on all matters about fiscal policy to ensure that financial strategies, decisions, and functions effectively facilitate the achievement of council goals.
- In conjunction with the CEO, prepares the general operating budget for presentation to the council’s Board of Directors and monitors the performance of the approved budget; maintains responsibility concerning special funds arising from gifts, grants, and other allocations.
- Oversees all financial reporting activities, providing the CEO and the council’s Board of Directors with accurate and up-to-date information on the economic activities of the committee.
- Ensures that all council financial operations comply with local, state, federal, and not-for-profit regulations, guidelines, and laws.
- Provides counsel to the CEO in formulating overall fiscal policies and plans regarding both short-and long-term financial matters related to the council.
- Directs the day-to-day administration and management of all accounting, treasury, and payroll functions to safeguard the organization’s assets; ensures financial transactions are processed accurately, timely, and are recorded in keeping with accepted accounting standards and principles.
- Provides timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends to assist the CEO and executive team in decision-making and goal execution.
- Oversees financial and operational audits, identifies opportunities for improved efficiencies, and supervises improvements to internal controls and operating procedures.
- Works closely with the Board Finance Committee
- Periodically review uncollected accounts and coordinate the fund collection activity, determine the need to expense bad debts, implement a tighter credit policy within the council, or increase control of potential bad debt.
- Maintain all necessary subsidiary schedules (fixed assets/depreciation, investments, prepaid-deferred, fund balances)
- Coordinate and assist the outside auditors with the council’s year-end audit and expedite preparing summarized reports and spreadsheets.
- Prepare payroll for full-time and part-time/seasonal employees bi-weekly.
- Other Duties assigned.
Compensation and Benefits:
GSSC offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits plan with an annual compensation commensurate with experience. In addition, an attractive benefits package is available and includes medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability and life insurance as well as a desirable paid time off program. Employees are also eligible for a 403(b) savings plan.