Camp Edey's Journey to Adventure is for girls entering grades 1 - 6. The camp is located on 95 sprawling acres on the beautiful Sans Souci Lakes in Bayport, has two pools, an archery range, miles of hiking trails, and even a frog-friendly pond. A typical day runs from 9AM to 4:30PM. Need Directions? Click here.
Those who Journey to Adventure are rewarded with a different patch each week. Collect all 10! Activities are designed around a different theme every week and include the following:
- Swimming. Lots of it. Swimming Lessons available!
- Experience the fun of the GS Journey
- Paddle Boats on the Lake
- Hiking & Nature Activities - Miles of woodland trails and the unique flora and fauna you'll only see on a wetland preserve.
- Fishing in the Lake - No worries - it's catch and release and supervised by NYS DEC as part of the I FISH NY program.
- Ga-Ga and other Sports & Games
- Arts & Crafts - We're artsy and proud of it.
- Talent Shows & Other Special Events. Trust us - we know fun!
- Bus Transportation - $40 per week. (Week 2 - $25) Includes bus pick-up & drop-off @ designated bus stops.
- Extended Care - $50 per week. (Week 2 - $30) Only available at Camp Edey. Drop-off @ 8AM. Pick-up @ 6PM.
- Archery - $75/ Four-One-Hour Sessions / Grades 2+. Archery basics, precision, target practice. New patch each week.
- Swimming Lessons - $125/4-Day Session. 45 minute lesson. Red Cross Learn-To-Swim certified instructors.
- Horseback Riding - $150/ Four-One-Hour Sessions. For beginners. Each session includes riding lesson, horse and stable care. New patch each week. Required attire: Boots or shoes with one-inch heels, jeans or long pants, riding helmet (provided at stable if necessary).
- Archery, Swimming Lessons and Horseback riding will not be offered during Week 2, which is a 3-day week due to the Independence Day Holiday
Read our Parent Guide for clothing, gear and important camp information.