Looking for GSSC programs with activity kits?
View Upcoming Programs
Daisy Automotive Design Badge Activity
Explore some of the steps creative designers take to create a
vehicle as you sketch and sculpt your own vehicle for a special
customer. Please refer GSUSA for more info and printouts: Further instructions.
- Vehicle Sketchbook, Daisy Vehicle Diagram, 2+ large sheets of paper , 4 oz. (1/2 small pack) or more of white modeling foam (not foam beads), modeling clay, or dough, Extra modeling foam, clay, or dough
- Tools for sculpting the foam/clay/dough, such as rolling pins, cookie cutters, dull plastic knives, hard materials with patterns, etc., A pair of safety scissors, Scrap paper, Markers, A pencil , Optional: Tracing paper.
Democracy for Daisies
Learn about the president and create a model or drawing of the house
that the president and his family live in!! Further instructions from GSUSA.
- Computer, tablet, or phone with internet access (to look up pictures of the White House)
- Pencils, markers, paint, or modeling clay (you can choose to draw, paint, or make a clay model)
- Paper for painting or drawing, if needed
Daisy Buddy Camper
Learn how to make banana boats for a day trip, camp-out, or anytime snack! Further instructions from GSUSA.
Supplies List: 1 square foot of waxed paper (or aluminum foil if using a grill or campfire), 1 banana, 1/4 cup chocolate chips or 1/3 of a chocolate bar, 2 large marshmallows or 1/4 cup miniature marshmallows, Spoon, Small plate. Parents/Caregivers: This activity will require you to use a microwave, solar oven, grill, or campfire.
Daisy Cybersecurity Basics
Learn how to use a computer safely while on the internet. Further instructions from GSUSA.
Supplies List: One plastic crystal bead, small toy, coin, or something else you can think of as "treasure" to put in a box, One box large enough to hold the “treasure”.
- Material to wrap the box: wrapping paper, bubble wrap, duct tape, regular tape, rope or string Crayons or markers
- Decorating materials: stickers and glitter
Daisy Making Choices
Adults work and earn money, and their families use the money to buy the items they need. People need certain things, like food, clothes, and a place to live. In this program, girls will earn their Making Choices Leaf and learn the difference between "needs" and "wants."
Supplies List: Magazines, newspapers or flyers, scissors, a bowl or basket
Daisy Summertime Treats
Summer is coming, and it's bringing its hot weather! Join Hanorah to create some delicious summertime treats that will help to keep you cool!
- Banana Bread Pudding: 1 can sweetened condensed milk, cold water, 1 box vanilla instant pudding mix, heavy cream or whipped cream, 4 cups of ripe bananas, 1 box vanilla wafers.
- S'mores Bars: Butter, Bag of regular marshmallows, Golden Graham Cereal, chocolate chips
Daisy Finger Paint Fun
Make a thumbprint garden and beautiful art pieces without brushes.
Supplies List: Paper, paint, & paper towels
Daisy Considerate & Caring
Learn the importance of being a good listener, listen to a story about Zinni the Zinnia, and learn the art of sharing and caring for others. Ready to purchase your Daisy Petal Set? Purchase online.
- Listening Game: 3-5 simple items, a blindfold or bandana, someone to do game with (this can be done virtually with friends.
- Feel of things activity: a bowl, slips of paper, writing utensil.
- Show You Care Craft: construction paper, or cardstock, coloring items, printout of daisy to color in, glue stick
Daisy Courageous & Strong
Learn what it takes to be courageous and strong, even when we face the unknown. A little bravery goes a long way, and you can too!
- Superhero You: white paper, drawing utensils, scissors (optional) Superhero Template (optional) .
- Courage Crowns: paper, scissors, tape, writing and coloring utensils, stickers or other decorative supplies (optional) .
- Nurse Appreciation Sign: Cardstock or poster board, drawing and coloring utensils, Courage Crowns and Superhero Crafts from previous activity.
Join Hanorah for an "out of this world" experience. We will blast off as space scientist, explore the sun and stars, and learn about moon phases with an edible craft. Ready to order your badge? Purchase online.
- Sun Exploration Pinhole Projector: two firm sheets of paper, push pin or hole puncher (if using a push pin adult help is needed) some sun, or a flashlight.
- Coffee Filter Suncatcher: Paper plate, markers or watercolor paints, glue or stapler, white coffee filter, a spray bottle with water. Moon
- Phase Edible Craft: Paper plate, green and blue markers or crayons, pencil or pen for marking, a spoon, 8 oreo cookies, a cup for tracing a circle. (Which doubles as a milk dunking cup!)
- DIY Telescope: toilet paper roll or paper towel roll, paint, paintbrushes.
Be an investigator and help Amanda search for clues that Ben the Bunny left around the house in order to solve a mystery. Remember! To earn the Cybersecurity Investigator badge, you must use your observation and clue-finding skills to solve your own mystery at home and complete the three "Find the Difference" worksheets provided. Ready to order your badge? Purchase online.
- For Egg Hunt: Plastic eggs (however many you'd like), Download and print the Egg Hunt Instructions & Printable Clues, Prize such as candy or little gift at the end of the hunt.
Daisy Trail Adventure
Get ready for a quiet nature walk, complete a scavenger hunt, and find and decorate your own walking stick. Completed the requirements? Purchase your badge online.
- Comfortable shoes/clothes, backpack to carry found items and decorations for walking stick found in nature.
Daisy Outdoor Art Maker
Create beautiful pictures on your driveway with homemade sidewalk paint. Make music and dance outside with a DIY maraca, and create a raised salt watercolor painting of what you see in nature. Completed the requirements? Purchase your badge online.
- DIY Maraca - 2 Styrofoam or paper cups, colored heavy duty tape or hot glue gun, paints/markers in various colors, decorative accents such as pom-poms, buttons, sequins or stickers, and 1 cup of rice/beans/unpopped popcorn kernels.
- Sidewalk Chalk Paint - 1 cup of Cornstarch, 1 cup of Water , 1 liquid measuring cup, 1 dry measuring cup, mixing bowl, fork for mixing, food coloring , muffin tin or small plastic bowls, and paintbrush.
- Raised Salt Painting - Card stock, watercolor paper or other type of thick paper, large container such as an aluminum pan to put paper in to get rid of excess salt, squeeze bottle of glue (such as Elmer's), bowl of table salt, cup of water, watercolor paints or liquid watercolors, and watercolor Paint brush.