All in-person programs, adult trainings, camp programs, and Daisy for a Day through May 1 have been cancelled. Refunds are currently being processed. If you are in need of a particular training, we may be able to accommodate you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We continue to monitor the situation and re-evaluate daily. Please be safe during this challenging time. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
19 Mar 2020
Update: Girl Scout Council Offices, Shoppes, Cookie Cupboards, Booth Sales & Girl Scout Explorations
- All GS Offices & Shoppe locations will be closed as of Monday, March 16, at 1pm until further notice.
- All Service Unit and in-person troop meetings should be suspended effective March 16, until further notice.
- All Cookie Booth Sales are cancelled until further notice.
- All Cookie Cupboards & Cookie Depots are closed until further notice.
Please be advised that GSSC will extend the cookie sale if necessary, and will keep you updated on further details.
13 Mar 2020
All programs, adult trainings, camp programs, and Daisy for a Day through March 31 have been postponed or cancelled. Some may have alternate dates available or you may request a refund. If you are in need of a particular training, we may be able to accommodate you. Please contact us with your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We continue to monitor the situation and re-evaluate daily. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
12 Mar 2020
To Our Leaders, Volunteers, Parents, and Caregivers:
Girl Scouts of Suffolk County is committed to the safety and well-being of our girls, volunteers and staff. With the onset of coronavirus (COVID-19), we are taking precautions and appropriate measures to ensure that girls and volunteers have a safe and one-of-a-kind experience at Girl Scouts. These precautions are as follows:
The following events will be postponed: (Last updated April 3, 2020)
- Adult Awards Dinner: NEW DATE: Thursday, June 4, at East Wind in Wading River;
- Cookie & Cider Celebration : NEW DATE: Thursday, May 14, The Riverhead Ciderhouse in Calverton;
- Making An Impact Breakfast: NEW DATE: TBD
- GSSC Annual Meeting: In-person meeting on April 15, 2020, has been cancelled. All voting required will be performed electronically. Details to follow.
- Bridging Celebration: NEW DATE: TBD
If you have already registered for one of these events and are not able to attend the new date, we will offer full refunds. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to request a refund.
GSSC has always embraced the highest standards of health safety and cleanliness. We have implemented several new polices, at all our locations, which follow recommendations from the U.S Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Suffolk County Health Department. These steps include:
- Disinfecting commonly touched surfaces such as door knobs, hand rails, tables, countertops and desks with bleach cleaner or equivalent several times per day;
- Disinfection of exits, entrances and highly trafficked areas with a bleach solution or equivalent several times per day;
- Posting articles and posters in conspicuous areas for all our constituents regarding coronavirus and steps you can take to ward off illness;
- Educating staff, volunteers and all constituents about what we are doing to help keep our facilities as clean and sanitary as possible;
- Encouraging staff, volunteers and all constituents who feel ill to stay home and consult a medical professional.
Programs and Trainings
- GSSC will continue to run girl programs and adult trainings as scheduled unless noted otherwise;
- At the opening of the program, girls will have time to wash their hands thoroughly, following the CDC guide of washing hands properly.
- We urge parents and caregivers to use their discretion as to whether they are comfortable with their Girl Scout attending a program;
- If you have registered for a program or training but are uncomfortable with attending due to coronavirus concerns, GSSC will issue a full refund. Please email email@example.com if you’d like to request a refund;
- If you or your Girl Scout is exhibiting signs of illness, such as fever, cough, vomiting, etc., please refrain from attending any Girl Scout programs or events and consult a medical professional.
- For the Booth Sale weekend of March 14-15: if your troop needs to postpone its booth sale, you can reschedule and still receive the Lemon Ups patch.
- Beginning the week of March 16, we will be distributing non-latex disposable gloves when you pick up your cookies for handling transactions at booth sales.
- Some businesses have cancelled booth sales. We can try to help you find another location at a later date. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your health and safety are our top priority. We want you to do what’s right for you and your troop. We encourage everyone to follow CDC and other state and local agency recommendations.
Service Unit Coordinators and teams are encouraged to conduct meetings and other gatherings in ways that are comfortable for all team members, while following recommendations from the CDC and other health agencies. Alternate arrangements may include virtual meetings.
Learn how to protect yourself and your loved ones with these guidelines:
- CDC - Prevention of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- Suffolk County Health Department: Health Bulletin - Novel Coronavirus
- New York State: Coronavirus Information (COVID-19)
Talking to Girls
Girl Scouts of the USA has created a way to talk to girls about COVID-19: How to Talk to Your Girl About Coronavirus
GSSC will continue to monitor this situation and keep you updated. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.