About SUNation Solar:
SUNation Solar Systems is Long Island’s home-grown, award-winning solar design and installation expert. They have been voted Best of Long Island Solar Business for 8 years in a row as well as Best Green Business and Best Alternative Energy Company for 2017. The company is built on exceeding every customer’s expectations. With over 2500 residential, commercial and municipal installations since 2003, SUNation has saved Long Islanders over $4 million each year by powering their homes with the sun. SUNation is the recipient of the following honors: A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau · 4.87/5 Rating on SolarReviews.com with over 150 reviews · Top 500 Solar Contractor for 2016 in the U.S. by Solar Power World and #1 on Long Island · Net promoter score of 95 · Great Places to Work for 2016 · Long Island Business News Top CEO 2016 · Consistently recognized by New York State for various achievements. SUNation’s mission is to create a more sustainable world through renewable, clean energy for generations to come. They are committed to maintaining a safe and happy workplace for their team who work so hard making their customers their priority every single day. As Long Island’s solar energy experts, they consistently deliver value to their clients by providing world-class products, workmanship and service along with an exceptional experience for each customer.
When you complete the program, click here to get your patches.
To earn the SUNation Patch, girls must complete 3 out of 5 requirements.
- There’s something about solar! We know that SUNation produces solar energy, but what exactly is solar energy? Research solar power so that you can answer the following questions: How does solar energy work? How does it generate electricity? Is it good for our environment? Is it renewable or non-renewable? Is it available everywhere? Does using it affect the community?
- See SUNation! Visit SUNation for a 30-minute tour of the facility and activities, followed by refreshments. Click here to schedule a tour
- The Specifics of Solar There are many misconceptions about solar energy. To learn the real deal about solar, take SUNation’s Myth vs. Fact Quiz. What did you learn that surprised you? Share at least 3 facts about solar with your family.
- Saving Energy at Home At home, complete SUNation’s Home Energy Audit sheet with your parent/guardian. What did you find? Were you surprised? Read the energy conservation tips at the bottom of the sheet. With your parent/guardian, commit to making at least two changes at home to use less energy.
- Interview Someone in Solar What careers are available in the solar industry? Interview someone who works in the industry or invite a guest speaker from the industry to talk to your troop. Prepare a list of questions to ask. What did you find?
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org