Academy of Innovation
Be Part of GSSC’s STEM Elite!
Immerse yourself in an exciting world of innovative and one-of-a-kind STEM opportunities, while experiencing a whole new perspective!
- Participate in exciting hands-on workshops and activities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
- Take behind the-the-scene excursions to explore STEM related activities.
- Meet expert’s in the STEM Field.
- Explore STEM-related career paths.
- Tell use your story of Innovation! Share your experiences with the community through speaking engagements, media events, videos, multi-media venues, and social networking.
You must be a registered Girl Scout between the age of 13-15 yrs old to apply. The Academy is a two-year commitment. Each Academy class is limited to 24 students.
- Complete the ARC Babysitting Training (certification in Adult & Pediatric CPR/AED/FA and Babysitting)
- Complete a quarterly Take Action Project on what you learned that quarter. The Take Action Project must make a lasting impact on the community, and take an hour’s worth of time. Your Take Action Project will be presented.
- Attend Meetings, panel discussions, multi-media events, field trips and behind-the-scenes excursions.
- Complete a group project by the end of each year (September 30).
- Share your experiences with the community through speaking engagements, media events, videos, multi-media venues, and social networking.
- Present STEM activities to younger Girl Scouts on at least three occasions per year, one being a GSSC Sponsored Program.