Policies & Information
Our camper's health and safety is our top priority. Our camps operate in accordance with the high standards of Girl Scouts of the USA, New York State health laws and Suffolk County health regulations. Inspection reports concerning our camps are on file at the health department. Our swimming program and all waterfront activities are administered according to American Red Cross standards. A health supervisor is on duty all day at each camp.
Accredited by the American Camping Association (ACA)
1500 Lakeview Avenue, Bayport, NY 11705 (Using a GPS? Enter "760 Lakeview Avenue") Phone: (631) 472-1625 • Fax: (631) 472-8199
From the East or West: Take the Long Island Expressway to Exit 62 South, Nicolls Road. Take Nicolls Road South to the end to Montauk Highway. Turn right onto Montauk Highway. Go west approx. one mile to Lakeview Avenue. Turn right on Lakeview Avenue (look for a yellow sign that reads "Venero Motors.") Proceed straight on Lakeview Avenue toward Camp Edey. The Juliette Low Friendship Center is on the left. The Betty Jane Horowitz Welcome Center is on the right side of the parking lot at the end of Lakeview Avenue.
Camp Sobaco - Opens June 25, 2018
229 German Blvd. Yaphank, NY 11980
Phone: (631) 924-6433 • Fax: (631) 924-3547
From the East: Take the Long Island Expressway to Exit 66. Turn right onto Sills Road. Proceed to the second traffic light, Mill Road. Make a left onto Mill Road. Make the first right onto German Blvd. Make first two possible left turns, staying on German Blvd. Follow unpaved road to parking lot.
From the West: Take the Long Island Expressway to Exit 66 (Sills Road.) At the light off the exit ramp, make a left onto Sills Road. Proceed to third traffic light, and make a left onto Mill Road. Make the first right onto German Blvd. Make first two possible left turns. Follow unpaved road to parking lot.
- Girl Scouts of Suffolk County’s Tax ID #112164434
- Parent Guide - Our Summer Camp Parent/Guardian guide offers information about our camp, clothing, gear, policies and so much more.
- Summer Camp Brochure - Our brochure includes information about our camp, weekly themes and sessions, and more. Great for sharing with friends & family!
- Get The Buzz on Mosquito Protection - Informative brochure on Mosquitos from Suffolk County Department of Health Services
- Ticks and Lyme Disease - Informative booklet on Ticks from the NYS Department of Health
- Sleepaway Camp Procedures - Our sleepaway camp procedures and policies
- Camp Equipment Checklist - A checklist to make packing for sleepaway camp easy!
Requests to transfer sessions must be made in writing through our online form and require a $15 session transfer fee. Missed days will not be prorated. Campers that transfer from Sleepaway Camp to Day Camp require a $25 session transfer fee. Missed days will not be prorated.
All deposits are non-refundable. Requests for refunds must be made in writing through our online form.
Refund requests for medical reasons must be made prior to session start, verified in writing by a physician, and constitute a minimum of 5 consecutive days missed.
Refund Request Form Refunds are not considered for no-shows, campers who voluntarily withdraw, those removed from camp for any reason, or for requests made after the last day of the camp season.