Join Our Camp Team
Our youth serving agency operates two beautiful camps in Bayport and Yaphank, New York. Join our team, earn a competitive salary while empowering today’s youth, and make new friends while working in a fun, safe, outdoor environment.
Positions for college students, graduates, teachers and parents are available. Volunteers are welcome! Volunteer a minimum of two weeks and your child(ren) may enroll in our camp program at a reduced rate.
Dates: June 25 - August 31, 2018, 10 one-week sessions, except for Week 2, which is a 4 day week due to the Independence Day Holiday.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday from 8:30AM - 4:30PM
We are looking for team members who are level-headed in all situations, cooperative with fellow team members and enthusiastic to work with children and young adults in an active indoor/outdoor camp environment. Experience with children is preferred.
Please bring or upload all applicable certifications
- EMT / Health Supervisors
- Registered Nurse (RN) with a license as required by that state law
- E.M.T Basic Certification
- Experience in first aid and emergency management.
- Aquatics Directors
- Must possess a current CPR Professional Rescuer certificate issued by the American Red Cross and be at least 21 years of age
- Have 3 or more seasons of previous waterfront experience as a lifeguard and/ or camp aquatics director.
- Program Director
- Experience creating and managing fun, creative programs/activities for a variety of age groups.
- Must be American Red Cross certified and be 17 years or older
- Assistant Camp Director
- Ability to multi-task in an active environment
- Experience working with children in a creative, fun manner
- Capable of taking instruction and supporting Camp Director.
- Head Counselors
- Must be 18 years or older
- Assistant Counselors
- Must be 16 years or older
Girl Scouts of Suffolk County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, creed, socio-economic status, disability or age.
Questions? Contact Cathrine at firstname.lastname@example.org