Camp Sobaco's STEM Camp and Discovery World STEM Center is for both girls and boys entering grades 1 - 6. Located on 42 acres of Pine Barrens on the banks of the Carman's River, it features a state-of-the-art STEM Center, and is perfect for siblings to attend together.
- A typical day runs from 9AM-4:30PM
- Located at 229 German Blvd., Yaphank, NY 11980
- Choose Your Own Adventure - Campers pick exciting activities from a special menu on select days!
It’s Easy Being Green: Each week get an environmental
experience with the NYS Department of Environmental
- Exciting Field Trips Off-Site or On-Camp Experiences Every Week
- Archery Adventure Every Week - Learn the archery basics and hone your new-found skills!
- Exclusive Programs at Discovery World STEM Center - We'll show you why Science is Fun and Technology is Cool
- Swimming - Everyone loves our on-site pool.
- Ga-Ga and other Sports & Games
- Arts & Crafts - We're artsy and proud of it.
- Hiking & Nature Activities - Woodland trails on the one-of-a-kind ecology that exist only in the riverside environment of the Pine Barrens.
- Mini-Golf Course
- Bus Transportation - $50 per week. (Week 1 - $30) Includes bus pick-up & drop-off @ designated bus stops.
- Swimming Lessons - $125/4-Day Session. 45 minute lesson. Red Cross Learn-To-Swim certified instructors.
Read our Parent Guide for information about our camp, clothing, gear, policies and so much more.
Questions? Contact us.
Themes and Special Activities
Week 1: July 1-3
|Art with Edge|
Week 2: July 8-12
Pop! Bang! Fizz!
Week 3: July 15-19
Week 4: July 22-26
|Secret Agent Academy|
Week 5: July 29-Aug. 2
Week 6: August 5-9
Week 7: August 12-16
|Raiders of the Lost Artifact|
Week 8: August 19-23
Week 9: August 26-30