Camp Sobaco's STEM Camp and Discovery World STEM Center is for both girls and boys entering grades 1 - 6. Located on 42 acres of Pine Barrens on the banks of the Carman's River, it features a state-of-the-art STEM Center, and is perfect for siblings to attend together.
- A typical day runs from 9AM-4:30PM
- Located at 229 German Blvd., Yaphank, NY 11980
- NEW! Live Green, Love Green, Think Green - Learn from the DEC on how you can help conserve and protect the earth.
- Exciting Field Trips Off-Site or On-Camp Experiences Every Week
- Archery Adventure Every Week - Learn the archery basics and hone your new-found skills!
- Exclusive Programs at Discovery World STEM Center - We'll show you why Science is Fun and Technology is Cool
- Swimming - Everyone loves our on-site pool.
- Ga-Ga and other Sports & Games
- Arts & Crafts - We're artsy and proud of it.
- Hiking & Nature Activities - Woodland trails on the one-of-a-kind ecology that exist only in the riverside environment of the Pine Barrens.
- Mini-Golf Course
- Bus Transportation - $50 per week. (Week 2 - $40) Includes bus pick-up & drop-off @ designated bus stops.
- Swimming Lessons - $125/4-Day Session. 45 minute lesson. Red Cross Learn-To-Swim certified instructors.
$295 per child per week (Except Week 2: $245 per child for 4-days)
Read our Parent Guide for information about our camp, clothing, gear, policies and so much more.
Questions? Contact us.
Themes and Special Activities
Week 1: June 25-29
|May the Force Be With You - Celebrate Star Wars week! Design your own spacecraft or droid, race through our Jedi training obstacle course and go on a hunt to find kyber crystals! Includes a trip to Lazerland.|
Week 2: July 2-3, 5-6 (4-days only)
|Adventures in Camping - Catch and release fish in Camp Edey's lake, paddle boat, bake box oven brownies and engineer your own shelter! Includes a trip to Camp Edey|
Week 3: July 9-13
|Fantastic Feasts and How to Grow Them - Make your own mini planter, sample farm fresh veggies, and enjoy a visit from Suffolk County Farm animals to learn about agriculture, care and more! Includes an experience with Suffolk County Farm.|
Week 4: July 16-20
|Go Ninja! - Learn ninja skills from a karate blackbelt, make candy sushi, origami ninja stars and more! Includes an experience with Shaolin Self Defense Center|
Week 5: July 23-27
|Color Wars! - Our favorite week of the summer! Create a team banner, cheer on your team during the obstacle course, and more! Includes a trip to Boomers|
Week 6: July 30-Aug. 3
|Ooey Gooey - Feel your way through this slimy week! Decode the items in our sensory mystery boxes, make glow-in-the-dark floam and take part in a lava experiment! Includes a trip to the Long Island Science Center|
Week 7: August 6-10
|Shipwrecked - Compete in a sandcastle contest, play beach games and work in teams to survive our STEM Shipwrecked Challenge! Includes a trip to Corey Beach.|
Week 8: August 13-17
|Race Through Space - Make galactic goo, create constellations, and see the magic of the universe in a portable planetarium! Includes an experience with Portable Planetarium|
Week 9: August 20-24
|Time Bandits - Travel back in time with a visit to Blydenburgh County Park for Colonial cooking, textile activities and crafts. Make your own butter and dutch oven cornbread to enjoy! Includes a trip to Blydenburgh County Park|
Week 10: August 27-31
|Sky High - Visit the Quogue Wildlife Refuge to meet a variety of native hawks, falcons, and eagles; examine feathers, nests, eggs and more. Create flying crafts and more! Includes a trip to Quogue Wildlife Refuge.|