Actual size is 3 x 1.75
Cost: $1.50 (includes shipping)
Girl Scouts Support Our Troops is patch program that offers Girl Scouts everywhere the opportunity to show their support for American
Actual size is 4 x 3.5
Cost: $2.50 (includes shipping)
To earn either patch, girls must complete 4 of the following 7 requirements:
- Activity 1: The United States military operates in countries all over the world. Using maps, globes, atlases, newspapers and
magazines, identify 10 other countries that U.S. troops are currently stationed in or are being sent to. What language is spoken in each
country? Learn how to say hello and goodbye in this language
- Activity 2: Using the information you found in activity one, pick a country where our military is stationed and
create a travel guide about that country. What are some popular landmarks? What is the land like? What are some of the popular foods?
Be sure to include pictures. Share your travel book with the rest of your troop.
- Activity 3: Create a booklet about one of the countries you discovered in activity one. Use magazines, newspapers
and the Internet to identify the following: capitol, national flag, common religions, foods, customs and anthems.
- Activity 4: The armed forces operate in amany different branches. What are these branches? How are they alike and
how are they different? Using resources such as the library and the Internet, find out where some of their military bases are. Are any
of them located on Long Island?
- Activity 5: Many people in the military spend a great deal of time away from home or overseas. Send a greeting to
a member of our military who is currently away from home.
- Activity 6: What does patriotism mean to you? Learn about the word patriotism and create a picture, poem or story
based on what you learned. Dont forget to use colors and words that are associated with patriotism.
- Activity 7: Find out about our troops heading to foreign countries by clipping articles from newspapers and
magazines. Also, watch the news and listen to the radio to find out more about where are our troops are heading and why. Use this
information to create a scrapbook.
Patches are available at all Girl Scout Shoppe locations. You may also purchase patches by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
or through postal mail orders, please specify item name and quantity when placing order.
To order via postal mail, please send payment per patch to Girl Scouts of Suffolk County, ATTN: Girl Scout Shoppe, 442 Moreland Road,
Commack, NY 11725.